If you go, they go!
Be Prepared for the Next Hurricane.
Hurricanes may require anything from a brief absence from your home to permanent evacuation. Each type of disaster requires different measures to keep your pets safe, so the best thing you can do for yourself and your pets is to be prepared.
Here are simple steps you can follow now to make sure you’re ready before the next hurricane strikes:
- Do not leave your pet behind! Your pet will be safest with you.
- Plan for the worst: if you had to evacuate, where can you go that your pet can come with you?
- Stock up on food, medication, and water for your pets. You will need to bring this wherever you and your pet go.
- Check with your family and friends to see if you can bring your pets with you if you had to stay with them.
- Find hotels in safe areas, call to see if you can bring your pets, and make reservations as early as possible.
Liberty Magnet Elementary School
6850 81st Street
Vero Beach, FL 32967